Kerio Control is a next-generation firewall and unified threat management (UTM) product, developed specifically for small and medium-sized enterprises seeking a comprehensive solution to their security needs. With Kerio Control, businesses can enjoy:
- Next-generation firewall to control network traffic
- Intrusion prevention that detects and blocks threats
- Web content and application filtering
- Secure Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Why Is Security So Important for SMEs?
Security is a critical and often overlooked element for SMEs. A recent Verizon survey found that 43 percent of cyberattacks in 2019 targeted SMEs, forcing 22% of those businesses to halt operations immediately.
Firewall + Router: Secure Internet Connectivity
Kerio Control enables you to configure your firewall with user-friendly traffic rules, controlling in- and outbound communications by URL, application, traffic type, and more. Its intrusion detection and prevention system constantly monitors network communications for suspicious activity, logging or blocking communications depending on the severity.
Kerio Control also offers robust protection against viruses, worms, Trojans, and spyware. It goes beyond just checking files for malicious code; it actively scans your network traffic for potential attacks.
Secure VPN Connectivity
Kerio Control allows you to create secure, high-performance server-to-server connections between your offices with a straightforward VPN setup. Alternatively, you can establish a secure VPN connection to a remote office using industry-standard VPN protocols.
Prioritise and monitor network traffic to guarantee high-speed transmission for your most important traffic types. Limit lower priority traffic by setting a bandwidth maximum or ensure high priority traffic by assigning minimum thresholds. With Kerio Control, you can also distribute Internet traffic across multiple links, ensuring continuous Internet access.
Protect your network from bandwidth-hogging web and application traffic such as streaming video, or by blocking peer-to-peer networks. Manage or block access to 100+ continuously updated categories of content and applications with the optional Kerio Control Web Filter.
Easy Deployment and Management
Kerio Control can be deployed as a software appliance, a virtual machine, or as a Control Box hardware appliance. It offers three hardware options:
- NG110 - perfect for small businesses, remote and home offices, yachts
- NG310 - the choice for small businesses planning for growth
- NG510/NG511 - ideal for mid-sized businesses
You can access security settings, manage users and bandwidth, and set policies from a customisable web-based interface on your desktop or mobile device. Manage multiple Kerio Control deployments through a centralised web interface.
- Flexible Deployment: Deploy Kerio Control as a software appliance on your own hardware, a virtual appliance in an existing VMware environment, or a turnkey hardware appliance. This flexibility lets you custom spec your own hardware while avoiding conflicting applications and vulnerable system services.
- Next-Generation Firewall Capabilities: Kerio Control is a comprehensive UTM solution providing next-generation firewall protection of your network and data. It includes a next-generation firewall and router, Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IPS), gateway anti-virus, VPN, and web content and application filtering.
- Secure VPN: Link headquarters to remote users and branch offices securely and easily. Kerio Control has its own VPN tunnelling with a simple setup. It requires minimal configuration and provides a high-performance network connection. You can also use industry-standard IPsec/L2TP for connectivity from mobile devices or third-party firewalls.
- Usage Reporting: Kerio Control Statistics lets you track the internet and application activities of individual users - from a list of all the sites they've visited to the specific search terms they enter on search engines. These insights can help you refine traffic-shaping rules, monitor employee performance and more. Reports can automatically run on a schedule and be emailed to you, eliminating the need to manually pull reports each week.
- Quality of Service (QoS): Kerio Control QoS provides fine-grained control over how much bandwidth each type of network traffic can consume. Prioritise and monitor network traffic to guarantee high-speed transmission for the most important traffic types. Cap lower priority traffic by setting a bandwidth maximum or guarantee high priority traffic by assigning a minimum. Kerio Control also uses Internet Link load balancing to distribute internet traffic across multiple links.
- Easy Administration: Stay in control of all your Kerio deployments from anywhere using MyKerio - a customisable web-based console on your desktop or tablet. Manage multiple Kerio Control deployments through a complimentary centralised web interface that provides consolidated system information, automatic configuration backup, status monitoring, system notifications, and complete remote configuration.
- Industry-Leading Web, Content and Application Filtering: The Kerio Control Web Filter lets you allow, deny, or limit the applications, websites, and internet services users can access. It continually updates its list of thousands of applications and more than six billion web pages - placing them into more than 140 categories. Keep bandwidth-hogging traffic off your network and stop users from visiting sites that may contain viruses and spyware. The filter is included in the Kerio Control hardware appliance and as an add-on when Kerio Control is deployed as a software or virtual appliance.
- Advanced Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): The Kerio Control IPS adds a transparent layer of network protection designed to accurately identify and block attacks while maintaining optimal network performance. It protects servers behind the firewall from unauthorised connections and keeps users from downloading malicious content or malware. The IPS features Snort-based behaviour analysis and a regularly updated database of rules and blocklisted IP addresses from Emerging Threats.
- High Availability: With high availability, if a crash or failure occurs, your second Kerio Control machine jumps into action. You have no vulnerability exposure, and your users see no drop of service. Without high availability, a primary device failure often leads network administrators to put a simple router in place to re-establish connectivity - which can lead to productivity losses and vulnerability exposure.
Flexible Deployment Options
Kerio Control is a versatile solution that can be deployed in multiple ways to suit your specific needs. It may be installed as a software appliance on your own hardware, as a virtual machine in an existing VMware environment, or as a turnkey hardware appliance. This flexibility lets you customise the hardware specifications while avoiding conflicting applications and vulnerable system services. All hardware appliances include Kerio Antivirus and Kerio Control Web Filter.
The hardware appliance options are:
- NG110: Perfect for small businesses, remote and home offices.
- NG310: The choice for small businesses planning for growth.
- NG510/NG511: Ideal for mid-sized businesses.
The main benefits gained by our company from having Kerio Control are derived from its ease of use—that the system just works without any complicated configuration. This give me peace of mind, which frees my time up, time that can be otherwise spent monitoring or configuring the system.Mark Taylor, IT Manager at Hellyar Plastics
For ease of day-to-day admin, I'd give Kerio nine out of ten, maybe even ten - and I'm not exaggerating. It took me a couple of days to get up to speed with the basic, everyday management of Kerio. The more detailed stuff took a while longer, but that was mainly to do with our own IT policies.Asim Syed IT Network Manager, Ryman Stationery
KerioControl gives my clientele security knowing their network is safe, Internet access is optimized, and that someone on land is able to oversee all administration. Yachts are cruising around the world, and KerioControl is enabling passengers to stay connected in a way never before possible.Ed Lasher Yachtcomputing
Try Kerio Control Today
Don't just take our word for it, try Kerio Control free for 30 days and experience the powerful features and capabilities it offers. Secure your network and ensure your business operations run smoothly with Kerio Control.Download Kerio Control free for 30 days